The Fried Pickle

Yes there really is a new restaurant called The Friday Pickle north of Roanoke on 220. Don't have the details on how long it has been open.. maybe a couple months. So mom and I met Larry and his family there for dinner. Of course before I even get there I tell my mom "I hope they sell t-shirts" My new thing is restaurant t-shirts.. don't know why.. I just like them. I think it all started with my California Dreamin shirt I loved.. then my Pat O'Brians shirt from the trip to New Orleans for the national championship game. Now I have Cheers from Boston, Dirty Ernies, Rod N Reel Pier, The Sandbar.. I just like em :) Of course I need a fried pickle shirt to add to the collection. Larry had asked a waiter before I got there and they didn't have any.. but they did have the shirts they wore (all black with 'the fried pickle' and an atom looking thing on the left chest) maybe I could sweet talk the owner into selling me one of those. (me.. sweet talk someone :) ) So I talk to the owner.. a really cute older gentleman. He says they have some ordered which are going to be nicer with the image from the menu. Two dressed up pickles dancin on a plate. (kinda corny) So I talk him into selling me one of the black ones :) I now have a fried pickle t-shirt :) Woohoo!! I know.. You're jealous :)

Oh yeah.. another goofy story. My wonderful mom is taking a photography class.. they have assignments. Well one of her assignments involves taking three objects and photographing them - showing depth of field. My mom decides to use some of my ducks as her objects. Ok so this seems normal so far. Well she forgets to bring the ducks on our 3 hour photography trip around campus... so she throws them in the car when we run over to Macado's for dinner. While we are waiting for our take-out order.. mom sets up her tripod in the Macado's parking lot and sets the ducks up on the trunk of the honda. YES we did get many looks! She's a crazy woman :) We had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.