SORORITY LIFE :)

A little background for you. An alumni (we'll call her Katie for anonimity) from my chapter had the idea of having a 20 year reunion this fall. She queried everyone and things started rolling. They planned a tailgate and a banquet for this weekend. Because of the game and hotel rooms the banquet is in Roanoke. I decided not to attend for multiple reasons, I have other company in town I don't see often, it's in Roanoke, it's $45/person (or something), my choice.. it didn't fit for me. I had emailed Katie earlier saying I couldn't attend the banquet, but I would like to attend the tailgate and was there a fee for that. No response. Angela is going too the banquet so I wrote her asking where the tailgate was. She forwarded me the email sent to all banquet attendees with the weekend details. Here are some excerts....

"Friday, October 10, 4:00 pm - 12:00 am: Hospitality Suite and Registration, located in the Director's Suite, Wyndham Hotel, Roanoke. This is your chance to pick up the reunion schedule, registrant list, name tags, bus tickets, football tickets, shirt, and directory. This will also serve as our "meeting place" to first reconnect with old friends and meet some new ones. YOUR NAME TAG IS YOUR ADMISSION TO THE TAILGATE AND TO THE REUNION DINNER, so please stop by to pick up these items. Also, only you can sign out for your items - not your guest, not a friend. I must ensure that you receive the items that you paid for, and this is the safest way.

Saturday, 7:00 am - 12:00 pm - Tailgate in Lot 8. We will have a light lunch before the game. Again, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR NAME TAG TO ATTEND. Also, wear your letters!!"

MUST HAVE NAMETAG TO ATTEND huh?? Well what about me?? So I decide to send Katie an email asking what was going on, and could people who weren't attending the banquet come to the tailgate. I think I wrote I nice mature email.. and still got my point across.

"Hey Katie, looks like this weekend is going to be a blast!

I had asked earlier if there was any way we could pay a fee to be included in the tailgate part of the weekend. I have other company in town and the trip to Roanoke for the banquet is not feasible for me. I have now heard from other sisters that we won't be welcome at the tailgate unless we have a nametag?? Is that not welcome to eat or not welcome at all?? Kinda disappointing to me. The reunion is a great idea and I was really looking forward to catching up with sisters and meeting new ones. Kinda a disappointing show of 'sisterhood' if we aren't invited to the tailgate because we can't go to the banquet. I hope I got the message totally wrong and this isn't the case at all. Just wondering though.

Also.. I noticed that we have to personally sign that we picked up items we ordered. I bought the directory and didn't send in money for shipping since Angela Wills is staying with me that weekend and I figured she could pick it up for me. Is this possible??

Thanks so much! I know this weekend will be great for Epsilon Nu! Thanks for initiating and organizing it!

Jilian Fath (EN-98)"

Later in the day I get another email from Angela. This is the really funny part.... Katie sent out another update to all the sister's attending the banquet... here are the important parts...

"We will serve boxed lunches from Heavenly Ham. We will have a variety of sandwiches (roast beef, turkey, ham, veggie) with a salad (i.e., macaroni, potato, etc.) and dessert. You need your name tage in order to claim your lunch. We'll have lots of "visitors" at the tailgate, and this is the only way we can ensure that you, who paid for the food, get to at the food, not those that didn't.

Finally, my emails are specifically addressed to Thetas registered for the reunion because you have made a financial commitment to attend. The details of the reunion don't apply to those who are not attending. Certainly, anyone, Theta or non-Theta, can attend a tailgate (just how do you not have visitors at a tailgate???). However, smart remarks like "Kinda a disappointing show of 'sisterhood'" and negative attitudes do not sit well with me right now, especially when I have poured my heart and soul into this reunion at the sacrifice of my family for the past five months. If you know someone who has a bad attitude or doesn't like something I have done, then (1) tell them to keep their feelings to themselves, and (2) keep them away from me this weekend. I will not tolerate any negativity, either at the tailgate or anywhere else during the reunion."

Hmmm... alrighty then. I still haven't received an email from Katie saying I am welcome at the tailgate, and reassuring they aren't trying to exclude anyone. Didn't say anything about all Theta's being welcomed. I guess this is an exclusive if you were willing to hand over money you can 'know' what's going on and come and see old sisters and meet new ones. Why does the world always revolve around money. I don't think my attitude was that negative... "looks like this weekend is going to be a blast; The reunion is a great idea and I was really looking forward to catching up with sisters and meeting new ones.; Thanks so much! I know this weekend will be great for Epsilon Nu! Thanks for initiating and organizing it!" Maybe she skipped those parts. Anyways.. I stand by my word... I still think that it's a disappointing show of 'sisterhood' when you are excluding people just cause they can only do one thing.. not both!! WHATEVER :)

Do I miss the sorority... Yes I do... but not the DRAMA!!

Theta's we will always be
Sisters for eternity
Raisin hell and havin fun
THETA THETA # 1 :)

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.