Ice Ice and more Ice

Hmmm so since I now have an abundance of ice stories.. I figured it was time to start blogging before lose track of them..

I - Wednesday night, Campaigners. Park on the street downhill behind S. Pull onto the snow a little bit to ensure my car isn't in the middle of the street. S ends up going the game with E so when I leave I have to backup to pull out. Not happening :) Spin go the tires. So B, B, E, and E attempt to push the honda. Not happening. And in doing so E screams S's car is moving! B - no it's not. She touches it. Sure enough with any pressure it starts sliding down the ice. So E and E take off for the house to get shovels. They promptly wipe out on the ice. We are all laughing at everything by now! A nice neighbor comes up to help out. Finally with the 5 of them pushing my honda cooperates and backs up enough for me to pull out. Moral - I need a 4X4.

II - Thursday night, NRN. M and I head downtown. We park in a bit of an uphill spot. I'm a little crooked so I try to backup. Slide. Try to pull foward, not happening. Well now I am half out of the spot and really crooked. So I back out of the spot (read slide sideways out of the spot til I get traction) then circle around the lot to pick up momentum and make it back into the spot :) We get out and promptly slide down the hill towards the Nerv. How are we going to get back up I think?? So we hang out and have fun then decide to go home. Yeah.... more fun. Have you ever tried to walk up a down escalator. That's what it felt like. Trying to shuffle your feet.. but not really moving anywhere. After several minutes of a little bit forward and a lot backward (M was much better at this game then me) we make it to the car and move on to attempting to clean off the windsheilds with out wiping out! It was also really entertaining watching everyone else enjoy the ice!

III - Friday morning. 5:45 AM. M and I attempt to head to the gym. Halfway up the driveway. Spin. Back down. Halfway up the driveway. Spin. Back down. Halfway up the driveway. Spin. Back down. Spin. Spin. Spin. Crud, now I am stuck in the flat part. Ok so I guess we aren't going to the gym this morning.

IV - Friday morning. 8:30 AM. Time for work. Maybe I can make it out now. Well as I make it out of the spot I was stuck in at the bottom. Then I notice the garage door is open. B is trying to leave to. I hesitate. She sees me so she waits. Halfway up the driveway. Sliding back down. Breaks not work. Crud B pulled out of the garage and is stuck. Oh no.. car please stop please. Finally it stops. I really thought I was going to slide right into her. Well I get out and push B back into the garage. Then back down I go. Up the driveway halfway. Slide backwards. Ok screw this. I got back under the carport and started calling friends to give me a ride to work. B attempted to then get up the driveway. After a couple attempts she ended up getting stuck at the bottom too.

V - Friday morning. 9:45 AM. M was kind enought to come pick me up for work. Of course right when I get into his car after slipping and sliding up my driveway I realize I forgot my badge. Well screw it I am not going back for it :) So we make it to work. The roads really aren't too bad. He swings into the spots a bit to make it easier to back in. Well not realizing it was solid ice... we starting sliding towards C's car. Wow... I really thought we were going right into it!! I think we stopped with like a foot to spare though.

Ok, hopefully that's it for ice stories for a while!! Hope you enjoyed!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.