Thunder Monkey's are in the lead 8:5, hard cap is on, game point - we score and we're on our way to meet the Hillbilly Biatches in the championship game! Red Rover has the disc. Turnover. Omar picks up the disc about 1/3 of the field away from our endzone. I'm close to the endzone and look around wondering what my move is going to be. (Usually on offense I'm trying to figure out how to stay out of everyone else's way and maybe find a decent cut) I make eye contact with Omar and he gives me a yeah.. go ahead nod :) Uh oh.. that means endzone! So I take off deep.. then cut to the sideline. Disc is in the air... curving around towards me. I'm running.. I hear Brian hot on my heals.. oh no! I better go after this one. So I leap. (yes feet actually leave the ground.. unlike my normal style of waiting for the disc) Brian dives across trying to block the disc. TOO LATE! I come down with disc in hand!! WOOHOO!!! WE WON WE WON!! And I actually helped! Definitely the highlight of my Ultimate career thus far! If you know me at all.. you know I was super excited... still am!! One of the girls on my team said it was like slow motion watching it. Disc in the air.. both of us going for it! She said Brian's hands were inches from mine.. and if I hadn't jumped for it he would have blocked it :) :) :)
Final: Thunder Monkey's vs Hillbilly Biatches
Not really much to say. We got stomped! Apparently we forgot how to catch and throw.. which is important. NOTHING was coming together for us and the HB could do no wrong, they were catching everything. They played an awesome game.. Rex had some amazing endzone catches. It was disappointing that the final was between the two best teams, and it wasn't the fun close game it should have been. I'd rather lose and be playing our game.. then not even show up to play. Oh well.. just got to remember back to how much fun we had playing the rest of the season :) Did I mention my game winning catch in the first game :)
Pool Party: Shawnee Swim Club
So the end of the season party was held at a local pool. We had a blast being kids, making up games to play involving a disc and the diving boards, pool volleyball, food! They also presented the season awards. M and I both got most improved for our teams. Just goes to show how much we really stunk at the beginning of the season. I think it helped me that everyone thought I was slow when my knee was bum and I shouldn't have been playing anyways!! Rex was rewarded with Tournament MVP for his team last night after his spectacular show of endzone grabs! The cool part is we all got new discs! It was kinda sad at the end to say goodbye to all the new friends we've made, not really knowing when we'd hang out again. The whole league was a blast!!
THUNDER MONKEYS -


0 comments:
Post a Comment