I've been successful in watching more of the Olympics this year. Mostly swimming and gymnastics after 9pm when really I should be sleeping. Sleep is overrated though.. 5 hours is plenty!
Last night was the guys gymnastics all-around competition. I think Paul Hamm is adorable so he's my little olympic crush (last night at least). Of course I'm pulling for him anyways cause he's american and he'd be the first american to ever win the gold in the all-around. I get all caught up in the stories and excitement, I get nervous for them, and always feel emotion when someone wins (whoever wins).. don't know why.. just the way I am. So Paul does great in the first three events, has the lead. Disaster strikes on the vault. He not only doesn't stick the landing, but lands on his butt. I wanted to cry for him. It's like a lifetime of work and you miss the grand prize cause you make a mistake on the night it really matters. He went from first to 12th in the standings. So everyone knows this won't be his night for gold, maybe he can still win bronze though. At this point I decide since I was riding at 6:30 this morning I should go to bed instead of watch the rest. I set the sleep timer on my TV for 30 min. I guess I was asleep cause I roll over and see Paul's up on the horizontal bar.. well since I'm awake (half asleep) I'll pay attention. He walks up to the bar... jumps up.... zap TV goes black. STUPID SLEEP TIMER!!! Where's the remote! So I get to watch him kick butt on the bar and win the gold by .012 points!! Amazing :) These are the moments the Olympics are all about! I'm just sad I missed the parallel bars routine!
Read a better summary of the night here :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment