Hopefully you read Rob's blog for the live daily updates of action in New Orleans :) I don't have much to add. I had a ton more fun then I thought I would. Some of the probably due to the fact I was acutally staying right off the quarter and didn't have to catch a sketchy cab 45 min to get there :) Good food, cute shops, quaint architecture, great night life! Rob didn't mention I somehow ended up with an incredible room. The hilton had a tower section and another 5 story section along the river on top of the riverwalk mall. Well my room # was 5013, automatic clue something was up. I come to my door and it's double doors... cool I think :) I have the corner room on the 5th floor. Two walls of windows, one over looking a plaze inbetween the hotel, world trade tower, and aquarium... the other overlooking the river. So much room the king size bed looks small :) It was nice. The TV was a little on the old/small side :) As I opened my eyes in the morning I could see the ships going down the river without even sitting up :) How I got the room.. who knows ;) I was loving that every other bar on bourbon street had a cover band playing 80's rock!! The only thing that can beat that is a country line dancing bar :) I am definitely interested in visiting New Orleans again! (I didn't feel this way before I went, and I've already been there twice) Our tag line for the city... "I did what?"
Sterling Heights. This past weekend I flew up to hang with A on her 30th birthday :) We had dinner with her whole family thursday night and opened presents. Friday A and her Mom took me to a huge outlet mall and to Frankenmuth. Michigan's #1 Visitor Destination. A quint town that seems to be in the Christmas spirit all year round. It is full of Bavarian heritage. Lots of little shops. An amazing restaurant Zehnder's, food served family style (similar to homeplace) but with a Bavarian flair. Also the Bronners, the world's largest Christmas store! So yeah, we shopped and ate from sunup to sundown on friday :) Saturday A and I went to 'the big house' to watch Michigan beat Northwestern. It was cool to go to a non-hokie game, very different though. I wasn't really impressed. Yeah it was lots of people, they were lacking intensity though! I'll be glad to be back in Lane Stadium on thursday night!! After the game we just hung out :) It was a fun relaxing weekend, and great to spend some time with A :) I even got to cruise around in her HOKIE BUG :)
(sidenote: I've been typing this while I was on the phone with DELL. FINALLY they are going to come and get this dern laptop and fix it for me :) WOOHOO!! Victory :))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment