At some point in the last year Blacksburg began a new service called Blacksburg Alert. I found out about it in the fall while I was renewing my town sticker which had been expired for a couple months :) It's the image on the sticker I receieved so I asked what it meant. I was given a card with the website to check it out further. You sign up for the service and let them know what town ALERTS you'd be interested in. I figured why not.
Well days like today make me glad I did!! Just recieved this in an ALERT email:
"Refuse and recycling service will not be interrupted over the Christmas and New Year’s holidays except for the following exception, weather permitting. There will be no refuse and recycling service for the SW quadrant of Town on Friday, December 24th,
Instead there will be special collection on Wednesday, December 22nd, and again on Wednesday, December 29th for the SW quadrant. Service will remain on schedule for New Year’s Eve. For questions call 540-961-1806."
Why does this excite me so much?? Cause I live in the SW quadrant. The jungle has been lax in taking out the garbage so it is beginning to pile up. Problem being I will be out town friday so won't be able to put it out this week! I was bummed I'd have to wait til next friday to get the garage cleaned out of garbage. Then I get this email! I can put out garbage this wed, next wed, and next friday!! WOOHOO!! I never would have know without Blackburg ALERT :) (yes I realize I'm a dork, you don't need to remind me :))
This was also included in the email:
"A HOKIE NOTE: On Monday, December 27, Blacksburg Mayor Roger Hedgepeth will wage a friendly bet with Auburn Mayor Bill Ham. The City Council of the loosing Sugar Bowl team will wear the jerseys of the winning team, during a Council meeting. GO HOKIES!!!"
You should sign up!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment