"What have you been up to lately?" Ever gotten this question? I never know what to say. My response is usually "I work... and I run/work-out... I do this study every tues night... and I don't do much else" Then I always think my life is boring. I was talking to a good friend last week and she called me out. "Your life is anything but boring...." She's right. I guess I'm used to tangible things... Theta, Young Life, committed weekly activities... which I don't really have right now. It's hard to simplify in a phrase the great group of friends I hang out with all the time doing various things, which is why my life doesn't feel boring. She also pointed out that I had just returned from running a half marathon in Nashville, a weekend in North Carolina with my family, and was planning on going to the race in Charlotte. Ok, I was wrong, my life is not boring. Why do we always see ourselves so differently then everyone else?
So I'm working on making sure I have a better answer to the question :) A healthier view of what my life really is. And possible adding a couple tangible things to be involved with. Volunteering in the community this summer. Helping with the re-release of the local young professionals group.
This also ties in with a thought from Church a couple weeks ago. Matt was teaching on 'singleness' and said one of the things he focuses on is making sure he won't ever look back on this time and think it was wasted time. (so I don't know the exact quote, but that's the just of it) It stuck with me and I think goes for anytime in life, I don't ever want to look back and think I didn't live life to the fullest.
So that's what I'm doing. Making sure I'm living life to the fullest :) You should join me :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment