Hokies who have left town are always asking me for blacksburg updates... usually I can't think of much, but this summer lots has been happening...
1 - A STOP LIGHT ON CAMPUS!!! Yep, at the corner of the stadium and south rec fields. Kinda sad I think.
2 - ROUNDABOUT - yeah they'll be one of those on campus too. Right in front of the gym. Scary!
3 - Woody's is no longer. Sharkey's moved into the Woody's space and is now advertised as a wing & rib place. No longer a secret their ribs rock. I heard a rumor we might be getting an irish pub in the old Sharkey's.... we can dream can't we :)
4 - Cabo Fish Taco - Finally a restaurant with a twist. Great magaritas, different menu, and fun atmosphere. (In the building previously known as South Main Cafe or Baileys)
5 - Pretty soon we won't recognize where the math emporium and volume two are. They've torn down the bank on the corner. I've heard stories of a retail/residential building in it's place, similar to Kent Square. I've also heard that mall is soon to become two stories with many more restaurants to support the new conference center. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment