Speed Work

My nashville running buddy has decided our goal should be to break the 2 hour mark. Which sounds awesome to say - but in my mind I think - that's 11 minutes faster then my personal best. Can I knock almost a minute off every mile?

This morning was our first speed workout. I've read about them - been interested in it before - but basically I've been too chicken to actually do it. So at 6am in the dark 20 degree morning we showed up at the BHS track. Based on what she had read and our goal pace - we were hoping to run our 400's in about 2:15. But really had no clue what to expect.

It was actually kinda fun. 3.5 miles goes by pretty fast when you are mixing it up. We shocked ourselves and consistently hit around 1:50 for our splits. We did a total of 4 400's at that pace... alternating with cool down laps and cap it with a warm up and warm down. Next week our goal is 6.

The real test will come in April - let's see if this really effects our long distance pace :)

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.