Wooohooo!!!

This year's Country Music Marathon was awesome!!! Congrats to all who crossed the finish line!

I keep telling people this race course is flat. A couple hills, but none you remember. Well when I actually pay attention during the race - I realize there's not much of it that is flat, you're either going up or down. I've decided to stop telling people it's flat. I think hills look different when they're street width and covered with people - they don't seem as steep as when you're the only one on a single trail.

Velvet and I started out together. Around mile 5 I looked at my watch and the conversation went something like this. "Velvet - we just ran 2 9:20 miles, we're going to fast" -- "No we aren't, just push yourself" (snickers from fellow racers) and off she went. I knew that pace was too much too early - so was ok slowing down a bit and sticking to my gameplan.

MileTimeHeartrate
110:01151
2/319:27169
4/518:47177
69:34175
79:57177
89:35173
99:16172
109:14171
119:43172
129:19173
139:13176
.1:44184
Total2:04:53172


Before the race I was aiming for 2:10 and hoping for 2:05. I'm still in shock that I came in at 2:04:53!! Guess that 6am speed training paid off!! Helped me shave over 6 minutes off my PB :) Pace 9:32!!

More stats -


PlaceTotal
Race397914638
Female15769209
Div (F 25-29)4331939


Quite an improvement over AZ. Bring on the marathon!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.