Slow - Turn - Press - Roll

The Motorcycle Safety Foundation and Virgina Community College System have teamed up to offer the Basic Rider Safety Course.

I've wanted a motorcycle for who knows how long. With very little time ever being on one (and most of that time being on the back)... A - I'm a little scared of them & clueless to how to work one and B - wondered if I would even enjoy being in control of one. I heard about this class a couple years ago and knew it was a good fit for me. I didn't need to have a bike or helmet, I'd be taught starting with basics, and it'd be a beginner friendly environment. Only problem is everyone else wants to take the class also. I was finally with it enough to sign up the day classes opened for summer session.


I wasn't disappointed. The instructors were great. Informative, Patient, Encouraging. I enjoyed being eased into riding - quickly gained my confidence and was ready for speed :) When I learn something new I really like to be taught all about it. It's nice having a broad base of knowledge for the basics. And also nice to have someone correcting your mistakes to ensure you learn properly. I was able to ask stupid questions - and learn from other classmates' stupid questions.


I rode a Susuki GZ250, not sure the year. It wasn't a Harley, but it was nice. I've now got T-CLOCS, FINE-C, and slow-turn-press-roll imprinted in my brain forever. We worked a lot on switching gears and turning. Some drills were more fun then others - like weaving in the cones :)


It was sad for the class to come to an end knowing I wouldn't be on a bike again anytime soon. I had fun and learned a lot. I would definitely feel comfortable getting on a bike and going now. I even hope all the turning techniques will help me out road cycling. And.... I passed the Celebration of Knowledge and Celebration of Skills - which make me legal. My license shows Class: M!


If you've ever thought about riding - I def sign up for the course!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.