L helped me paint the walls grey a couple weekends ago. The Sunday before I left for Vegas I was home alone with the whole day on my hands - so why not. I got out the masking tape and laser level and got to work!

I added thick tape to the top and bottom so that I could be more careless and the mini rollers would work.

I first painted a coat of the grey. Theory being any paint was going to spread under the tape, it would match the color of the wall, and I'd have to do less touch up! I think that pointer came from Kris. Then one coat of Chicago Maroon.

Since the paints overlapped some I couldn't paint both colors at the same time. I waited an hour to paint the first coat of Burnt Orange... that way I wouldn't get any crazy mixed colors!! I think the can said to wait 4 hours before applying the second coat. How bout 2 hours? I was short on time!

I did wait over night before I took down the tape. Since my flight to Vegas left at 7am I was up at 4:30 tearing down tape :)

I was really happy with the results!!!

Especially since I just kinda made up the idea and guessed on where I should put the lines and how thick to make them!!

Now I just need to get some things framed and figure out where to hang stuff. Oh yeah and order the pool lamp - and get a light drop put in the room. And do something with the windows :) And maybe a bar.

Eventually it'll get done and I'll have a pool party :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment