Speed....

In attempting to keep myself in shape for next months Rock N Roll San Jose - I'll be accompanying V during her speed workouts for the next couple weeks. Sounds painful - but it's actually nice to change things up a bit - and it feels good to run fast. We met at the office at 6am and jogged down to the VT track in the dark! Today's assignment 8X400's.

GoalActual
1:521:45
1:501:59
1:481:49
1:461:42
1:441:41
1:421:36
1:401:35
1:381:33

It's difficult to pace yourself and then increase by only 2 seconds everytime. The morning was perfect, great weather, felt good running, good company. Morning is by far my favorite time of day and favorite time to work out!

Next Week:
Half Mile Repeats
55+/- min.

15 min. warm-up

4 x 800 @ 3:35 (1:47 per 400 or 7:10 pace)
with 2 min. easy recovery jog following each repeat, then,

2 x 200m @ 45 sec. or faster! 200m recovery jog

5+/- min. cool-down

Sounds scary!! I don't know if I can sprint an 800 - we'll see! I might just stick to the 8x400's :)

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.