One of the lessons we learned was 'a tired dog is a good dog'. Pointing out what we already knew - Gris needed more exercise. Which we've been trying to give him! Over the last couple months we've visited some friends who have dogs and Gris has done great playing with them. So Cute!
T and I had been talking about finding a playmate for Gris. We weren't actively searching for another dog - but decided if one came to us, we'd consider it. Well Sat night when we were going into Food Lion we noticed some dog fliers on the bulletin board. There was an adorable picture of a bro/sis coon hound pair the breeder was unable to sell and were in foster care waiting to be adopted. I'm not sure what got into me - but I was the one who tore off the phone number!!Well.... Sunday night we went to meet the pup - and brought him home for a three day trial. He's very cute and awkward. Grisman isn't quite sure what to think yet - he was a punk last night! Today's been a little bit better. They are getting to know each other and playing better.
Check out those ears!

We'll see how the next couple days go. If they continue to bond it looks like the Metz's might have a new family member. Tentatively his name is Cash. Not sure on a middle name yet :)The scary thing - I think I might have turned into a real dog person overnight! He's has yet to mess in the house though - so I have a feeling that may reverse just as quickly!


0 comments:
Post a Comment