Dog Obedience class was a big success. I realized after the first class that T & I would be learning a lot more than G would be. It was quickly clear we were enabling his bad behavior. He was spoiled and we let him control us.
Class 2 was the first time all the dogs were there. Chaos!! A room full of 10 dogs that weren't supposed to be socializing. I wasn't sure we'd get anything done - the instructor was great though! Gris has something in common with his momma and barked the entire time! It made us a feel a bit better that at least he wasn't the one that pee'd in the room :)
Gris is a quick learner, especially when treats are involved. It's one of those classes you get out of what you put into it and we should have put in a lot more, Gris got out of doing lots of homework. But he still improved a lot and is a much more calm/pleasant dog to be around. He gets constant compliments on his improved behavior.
T really wanted to skip the last class - mostly because we didn't really teach Gris a trick. Luckily I talked him into going. Turns out not only did G get a star for perfect attendance... he also got the star for hardest worker! (aka most improved) What proud parents we are! Which leads to his new name. T now calls him 'Award Winning Gris'. :)

Due to our lack of enforcing homework and Gris spending a week with Grandpa - we're gearing up to start the lessons all over again at our own pace. I have my fingers crossed that by summer's end he will be fully trained (come when called, sit to greet, drop the ball, get daddy a beer - he'll know them all!) and be ready for the advanced class!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment