* Yes, notice how much gas I have. T drove home from camping Sun and pulling in the driveway he says "You don't have any gas." :) Thanks T!For the rest of the ride my mind kept thinking about numbers :) How many miles were on the car when I bought it? How many miles have I driven each year?
Purchase Date: 25 July 2002
Purchase Miles: 41,600
Yes, Blue & I have gone 103,400 miles in just under 6 years! The breakdown.
| Year | Mileage |
| 1 | 24,200 |
| 2 | 21,100 |
| 3 | 17,800 |
| 4 | 14,400 |
| 5 | 16,050 |
| 6 (10 months) | 9850 |
Kinda interesting to look at. Seems as I've gotten older the road trips have slowed down. Also interesting how marriage affects the mileage :) It's not that we're taking Todd's car - Blue is usually the chosen mode of transport when we travel together :)
How you may ask do I have all these numbers! Cause I'm a dork - and write it down every time I get gas :) This is something my parents have always done, and something my bro and I started doing when we got our own cars. Friends always asked us in HS why we did it and we both answered 'Because our Dad does it'. The funny thing is I'm sure my Dad's answer would be 'Because my Mother does it.' So it's a Fath thing, generations of us have little gas books and track the date/mileage/gallons/total. I wish I was also writing down the price - that would be interesting to look back on! (I know I could figure it out! 8-4-02 $1.259/gal!!)
There's my fun with numbers. I'm done now :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment