Heavy Heart

When T & I got home from golfing Sat morning I noticed a package on the front porch. Woohoo - must be another birthday present that arrived Friday, we just didn't see it since we use the garage ;)

As I opened the presents from my bro and his family I found an adorable framed picture from AB's professional shoot, a HRC shot glass from their recent trip to Gatlinburg, and there was another larger frame face down. I flipped it over expecting another picture of AB and was shocked to see the picture below. The waterworks started immediately. Below is a picture of my daddy playing 'cowboy' way back when :) J found the pic amongst a bunch of slides my grandmother had sent him. It is the best.gift.ever! Makes me smile and cry. Man how I miss him!

Adding to the emotion was the knowledge that my grandfather (dad's dad) who has had Dementia for many years and has been in a nursing home for the past year wasn't doing well. He passed away yesterday afternoon. Somewhat bittersweet. He enjoyed a wonderful 88 years and life here on earth wasn't much of a life anymore. It's still hard. I know my grandmother (they've been married over 66 years!) is going to miss him dearly, as will all of us! I know he's in a better place, hanging out with his son :)

Grandma taking a nap on Grandpa about four years ago... aren't they sweet :) I hope I'm still using T as a pillow when we're in our 80's!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.