New Toys

OK enough geek for awhile :) I often have a list in my head of things I want to be better at or do more of. Goals I guess you could say. Self improvement sometimes - and other times just plan fun! Art has always been a passion of mine. As a little girl I'd answer the "What do you want to be when you grow up?" question with "Artist". That dream hasn't changed. Hand me a brand new box of crayons (crowns) and I'm a happy lady! Now I'm by no means an 'extraordinary' artist - and I'm not ready for my own ETSY store - but I LOVE being creative. So... one of those goals is always to spend more time in my craft room. Making cards, scrap booking, making jewelry, finishing the quilt I've been working on for years - these are all things that make me very happy!!

Lucky me I received some new toys for my birthday to get me inspired!!

Fiskars Desktop Rotary Trimmer

I LOVE THIS THING! Super precise - which is key since I'm a perfectionist :) Easy to use. Very portable, which is a bonus. AND you can buy special blades to really spice things up!

Notice in the orange pattern how you can change things up depending on how you line up the cut. A sample below of my fun with the 'deckle' blade. So easy & quick.


Provo Craft Cuddlebug

This might just be the coolest little machine ever! (Until I get a Xyron that is!) Used to create die cuts or dry-embossing. Dry-embossing has a very cool effect. By hand, it's a pain. With the Cuddlebug, it's AMAZING. A couple samples of the dry-embossing in action.... look how much dimension you can add to something - in seconds!


I have yet to do much with the die-cuts, but I plan to make some birthday cards this weekend with this letter set. I'll be sure to post the results.


Stampin-Up Prize Package!

Miss Abby totally hooked me up with what feels like a Stampin-Up prize pack! Two totally cute new stamps sets, one with loads of sayings. Something my current stamp stock is missing! A rainbow pack of card-stock, a pack of designer papers, and a colorful pack of ribbon! FUN FUN FUN!

You know where to find me this weekend :)

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.