1. My mom usually buys me a desk calendar for Christmas. I tend to keep up for the first week of January....then I'm behind for the rest of the year :) Anyways - on January 4th the quote really struck me and I've been holding onto it. It's even going on my 'vision board'. (more on that eventually!)
"We turn not older with years, but newer every day." Emily Dickinson.
With this year holding the 'biggest' birthday in 8 years* - things about age and 'older' really catch my attention. I like this. I want to focus on being 'newer every day'.
2. The song Strawberry Wine was playing on the radio early this year. I've heard this song dozens of times - but this time.... this line popped...
"I remember when thirty was old" Deana Carter
Wow. That's it. Everyone has been asking me how I feel about turning 30 this year. Really it doesn't bother me, if anything I'm excited. Why would I not want to be 30. Oh yeah... cause I used to think 30 was OLD. Now that I'm here, I realize it's not exactly what I pictured it to be like. I'm not old by any means! I wonder what 40 and 50 will feel like?
*Yes 22 is a huge birthday. When your 21 - whether it's your birthday or you've been 21 for nine months - people always seem to make a big deal. When seriously after a month of being 21, you are over it - so this gets old. Once you hit 22 you get to escape that 'OH! You're 21 :) How exciting' stuff. Very big birthday indeed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment