Granola.... finally!

Sorry for the delay to all who have requested my granola recipe :) Better late than never correct?

T's cousin J (amazing cook!) passed her granola recipe to me last Christmas and I've tweaked it a bit to make it my own :) Seriously granola is the ultimate mix/match recipe. Just add in whatever you have in the house! Use this recipe as a starting guide and make it your own :)

(all measurements approximate!)

Base:
8-10 C Oats (I use a 7-grain oat mix from Eats)

Nuts:
4-7 C Mix and Match - Whatever you like.
These are my usually suspects:
1C Slivered Almonds
1C Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
1C Pecan Pieces
1C Walnut Pieces
1C Pignolias (Pine Nuts)
1C Cashew Pieces
1/2C Sunflower Seeds

Sweetener:
Again depends on what you like. The Almond Extract adds a great kick and I love me some spice :) I'll star the base ingredients... you can embelish as I have or in your own creative way!
1 1/2 C Brown Sugar*
1/2 C Water*
1/4 C Honey
1-2 T Vanilla Extract*
1/2 - 1 Almond Extract
2-3 T Cinnamon*
1 T AllSpice
1 T Nutmeg

Dried Fruit - Add-Ins:
Again - this is all your preference. Sometimes I add in some shredded coconut too!
1C Craisins
1C Dried Blueberries
1C Chopped Dry Papaya
1C Chopped Dates

Directions:
~ Set oven to 325.
~ Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
~ Mix up the base and nuts in a GIANT bowl. Then add the sweetener (*Note my recipe is pretty sweet, add 3/4 of the sweetener or less based on your preference) and mix well. Keep mixing.
~ Spread out granola on cookie sheets. Should be 1-2 inches in thickness.
~ Bake for 15 minutes. Stir and switch top/bottom racks. Bake for additional 15 min.
~ Let cool and transfer back to bowl. Add the dried fruit and stir.

Eat :)

My favorite breakfast/snack is to make a little parfait with Yogurt, Granola and Fresh Blurberries! Mmm mmm Good!

ENJOY and let me know if you have any questions!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.