Operation: 10 miler (week 1)

The baby weight came off pretty easily - yay breastfeeding! Currently I'm down 5lbs (maybe more) from my pre-baby weight. Hallelujah for my jeans fitting better than they did pre-baby! BUT - I'm not in shape and I don't feel strong.

I've been able to fit in a work out here and there - but nothing consistent. T & I have signed up for the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run in April which is my motivation to stick to a training plan. I'm relying on Hal Higdon to get me ready once again.

I'm happy with how Week 1 went. I made time for two 2 mile runs, masters swimming, and two indoor soccer games. I figure soccer can take the place of one of my runs until the season is over.

I'm also trying to work in a couple core workouts and some squats/lunges to help prepare my legs for our snowboarding trips. These will be bonus. Great if they happen - but not going to stress myself right now. Just getting my runs in will be a huge success!

I've finally created a Training Peaks account to log my workouts. Hopefully I'll be able to look back over they year and see some improvement. Plus who doesn't love looking back over stats and running reports. Hmm - maybe that's just the geek in me :)

Crazy most of my workouts are now happening in the evenings. I do miss 6am :) I look forward to enjoying my mornings workouts again one day!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.