Operation: 10 miler (week 2)

Not a whole lot to report. My total mileage went from 2 to 4. Woot! The runs are NOT easy - but they aren't impossible either. I have a 4 miler coming up this weekend - that will be a great test!

The one lingering issue from pregnancy is my hips! Running in a straight line isn't so bad - but playing soccer or any other side to side movement = pain! I'm trying to incorporate some plyometrics, grapevine, and shuffle steps to help strengthen the hip joints. Crossing my fingers that works!

Aside from my two runs I managed two cross training days - swimming and soccer. I'm very happy to find time for 4 workouts in a week. That seems to be a good balance right now. More than that and it all might come crashing down! A little part of me really wants to find the time for pilates, squats, and lunges though. Snowboarding is going to KICK MY ARSE. Plus my core needs major work!

Highlight of the week was definitely my run on Saturday. The weather was BEAUTIFUL! Plus it was followed up by dinner and quality time with two girlfriends I don't see nearly enough!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.