hmm.. I guess I'm supposed to do this everyday... so it's not so much to write at once. I will work on that :) This will be the abridged version of the weekend.
Thursday night - blond moment of the weekend. So I head down the road to Wytheville and get to Applebee's right on time.... 6:30. Go inside and wait for Jill. About 6:45 it's gettin more crowded so I go ahead and get a table and order us some water's. Thinking she went shopping beforehand and is running a bit late. Then I start thinking so this is how people feel when they have to sit around waiting for me when I'm late. As it gets closer to 7 I start worrying she was in an accident. Yes in a normal situation like this one would call the friends cell phone.. problem.. Jill doesn't have a cell phone!! About 7 I get a phone call.. it's Jill calling from a pay phone...
Jill - where are you?
Jil - I'm here
Jill - You're here??
Jil - Yeah I'm at Applebee's
Jill - Applebee's?? We're supposed to meet at Ruby Tuesdays!
OOOOOPPPPS!! Yep.. totally my fault :) But still.. the moral of the story.. JILL needs a cell phone :) HAHA!!
Friday morning.. house now at 55 degrees!! Yeah we live in an igloo. I got on the road an hour later then planned... which is pretty good for me :) Stopped in harrisonburg and ate lunch at Mrs T's Bagel Shop (I think) with Jessie. It was fun to catch up and hear all about college life! Hit up Khol's to spend a gift card and picked up some new pillows. You know you are gettin old when you spend birthday money on common household needs! Then stopped by to see Carly and Kenzie on my way into town.
The 'family' weekend was great. My dad parents were down from WI. My grandma is doing awesome and recovering will from her stroke last month. Josh, Chrissy and Cris all got to town saturday afternoon. Alta (the original) and Olive (great aunts) came to dinner saturday night. Paul, Brenda, Carly, and Kenzie came by for dessert. (not yo mama's banana puddin) Watched DC United play to tie against Columbus. Cris loves watchin soccer :) haha. Spent some time in the hot tub sat night... mom broke out the tripod. Mom diving into the hot tub before the picture takes was a great tripod initiation experience for Cris! haha. My unlce Mikey stopped by for a bit on sunday. Brats and Sauercraut for lunch.. mmmmmm! Cris and I took Carly to Frontline (church) sunday then to Outback for dinner. She mentioned us adopting her :) haha. She is always entertaining! Next trip home is going to include some quality time with Kenzie.
Came back to an ID payday lunch at Shakers this afternoon. Always entertaining :) Solving the worlds problems.. one at a time! You all know this already.. but I'll remind you.. (ID) ROCKS!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment