This weekend was lots of fun!! We had a full house sat and sun including the little ones B watches in the mornings. It was nice to relax in the burg for the weekend, plus I got lots accomplished. We cleaned up the boxes that have been in corners since we moved in (7 months ago!). Hung up quite a few things including a new message board and coat rack. My room is 3/4 of the way clean! Still one junkie corner though. But it's progress. I found lots of picture frames that had never been unpacked along with a long lost screwdriver! We hung another shelf in the duck bathroom.. now there are many more ducks on display! It's actually feeling kinda homey now :)
Saturday morning I had my first 5 mile training run. Hit the huckleberry. The weather was a little chillier then I had hoped to start. Lots of wind. I hit 10:10, 10:10, 10:10, 11, 10 splits. Not a bad pace for me. It felt good and my shin didn't give me too many problems. I got this race, no problem! :)
Ok so back to the title. Chef Jilian. Don't know why but I was a cooking machine this weekend. I hit Wal'Mart after work friday then headed home and cooking up some glazed salmon for dinner... mmmmmmmm! Then made my food for the stampin party saturday. I made one of my mom's cheese spreads I hadn't had in ages. Cream Cheese, Dry Ranch, Pepper and Paprika! Tried out a new recipe I found on food network for lemon bars. Angel food cake, lemon and cocoanut base with a cream cheese icing. The stampin party was on the small side so I was a little bummed only 5 people would get to enjoy my food. I don't know why but when I cook I like lots of people to eat it! Everyone loved the dip and lemon bars and kept going back for more so I wasn't so bummed :) Saturday night was a replay of the Italian Orange Roughy I made a week or so ago. It was even better the second time around. I served it with Lime Asparagus and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Lip Smacking.. and really easy to make. I discovered I really really enjoy trying out the recipes in my books and magazines now that I have some time :) It's a challenge to create healthy tastey meals!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment