Happy St Patricks Day!!!

Yeah I know I've been neglecting to blog... I will try to be better... If anything blogworthy happens that is :)

My car turned over 80,000 miles last monday.. that was pretty exciting!

The belly-off bet ended last week. I lost 8.75 pounds in 7 weeks. 5.5%. Didn't reach my goal, but I was still mighty happy. The winner walked away with $209, not a bad payoff for losing 23 pounds! We lost 136 pounds as a group! It was a lot of fun. We are not trying to come up with a new way to encourage each other towards their fitness/weight loss goals!

Savannah was this past weekend! A blast as always. Every year is so different, A. Because the people are different B. Because I am growing up and C. Because we discover new stuff to do every year! The weather was great, a little chilly in the evenings.. but beautiful! Ok I will try to fill in the details....

Friday night: Ate dinner at Boar's Head Tavern & Grill. So yummy!! We decided this should be kept as a lunch choice next year though. Cool thing is.. Guiness comes with a shamrock image in the foam! Very Cool. The only craziness was when somehow Abby and I got into a bet of who could get the most phone numbers. Abby is WAY WAY WAY more outgoing and forward then me.. took me a while to get into the game. But it got easier... I mean really I would just go up to guys and be like 'you have to help me out with this bet', talk to them some. Most were really cool about it.. some were jerks. Don't know how... but I ended up winning :) Thanks to my coach Ang who wasn't allowed to play the game! It was a fun night.. but I realized not as much fun as it used to be. We still met some cool folks amongst all the drunk idiots.

Saturday: We went to the rugby tournament this year. Learned the rules of the game from some Detroit rugby players Abby met on her flight. They were real nice and it's fun to understand the game now! I really want to try playing :) Ran into a Blacksburg Player I knew... didn't realize he played rugby though! Abby took her picture with a huge snake!! Gross :) Then we headed back towards river street and checked out City Market and Broughten Street. Other places I hadn't spent much time at before. Saturday night we hit up The Lady and Sons for dinner. WOW!!! Even though are arteries were clogging as we walked through the front door it was worth it! Good ole southern style!!! I started the Craw Stew. Amazing. Grilled Tilapia!! Sweet Tea!! mmmm I think I could have eaten there every meal! Sat night held more River Street fun.

Sunday: We headed to Hilton Head Island for the race!! I think we were all real happy with our times! Cris finished in 25 and Joel and I in 27 min!! Then we hit the beach for a while. I little windy but still nice!! Got some sun, played some frisbee, football, and volleyball! Hit a couple places there. The best was the Frosty Frog. We started celebrating Angela's birthday there. Then headed back to Savannah where we headed to the City Market for some dancin :) Angela's goal was to stay out late on her birthday.. I think we got back to the hotel aroudn 1:30. A success :)

Monday: Got up for a leisurely 4 mile run. The weather was perfect!!! It's is a little different running in a downtown area where you have to cross streets constantly. There was a nice park not far away to run around though. As we ran past The Lady and Sons, Bobby and Jaime (Paula's sons) were starting their day folding napkins... I stopped to see if I could bring my shirt by to get signed.. and just cause I wanted to talk to them again. So cute, so nice, so southern :) So I came back with shirt and camera. Unfortunately the picture came out blurry. Still the highlight of the weekend to talk to them though.. and get my squeeze during the picture :) haha. Joel and I hit up Parkers Gas Station on the way out of town. A gourmet station with yummy food. Supposedly the place to get food at 3am when the bars close. Maybe that will be a goal next year!

I was a little surprised at how many VT folks we saw down there. Seemed many more then in past years. Even saw a couple people I knew which was fun!

I think all had a fun time! Savannah is a great city!! I can't wait til next year! Maybe I will have to find another excuse to visit before then. Maybe a golf weekend!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.