random stuff

This weekend was tons of fun and very busy. It started with Game night at 1015 fri. There were 10 of us here playing Caccassone (or something like that) and cards. Lots of laughing.. not all at me :) Good times. Sat I had my first golf lesson of the season. I'm hoping this is the year I might actually be confident enough to score a round accuratley! Then it was off to Stampin Up to learn some new tricks. I came home and tried to be creative making R's birthday card. I think I was successful! Helped R celebrate at Macado's. Then cleaned my room some, unpacked etc. M talked me into hitting DT for an hour before watching the ring dance fireworks. We sat in the window seats at Sharkey's. Interesting hour. Sunday I ran for the first time in a week! 4.5 miles.. not bad. Then church... reading in the sun... driving range... 2 hrs of the phone catching up with H... Outback for dessert w H and J. Movies with J. Then bowling w J and all her coworkers. Yeah... it was a busy weekend!

OK the highlights!! At the driving range on sunday I only whiffed once!! I was pretty excited!! I hit a couple solid. I'm focusing on my swing and posture :) Hopefully it will be natural soon! Did I tell you I only whiffed once!!

Bowling.. no highlights here! haha It was fun though!

We went to see Jersey Girl. I think it had a slow start, probably cause I knew bits about the plot and I was expecting something to happen at the very beginning and it didn't happen for about 20 min... so I thought the build up was a bit long.. but again probably just cause I knew what to expect and was anxious. Liv Tylers' character was interesting. I didn't know what direction the plot was going for a second when she entered the scene... it ended up being great though! A tearjerker which I wasn't expecting.. I got emotional multiple times. The little girl is great!! Of course the father daughter relationship was adorable... cute but also real. A good flick about famliy and life's priorities!

I am pretty proud of myself tonight. I think I have officially unpacked all boxes from my move. (I moved in July) I had a pile of stuff in the corner of my room that I just couldn't figure out what to do with. I finally pulled it out and went through it. Even trashed some stuff. It's amazing the stuff I keep. I found a diary my best friend and I use to pass back and forth in high school.. it's real funny... me talking about my first kiss... how mad I got at my mom... my first trip to Tech and deciding it's where I wanted to go to school... lots of crazy HS memories. Also found a post card my first grade teacher sent my in 1985 from England. My gym cards from Myrtle Beach and Nashville. And you thought you knew how ridiculous I am!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.