They say.... "The only really important piece of equipment you need is the right running shoe." .... so my mission of late has been to find new running shoes. I'm happy with my current Saucony 3D Grid Hurricane 5's, but it's time for new shoes and thought I would look around at my other options... aiming for something a little cheaper!!
A couple weeks ago I ordered a pair of Asics Gel-Kayano X's. I tried them out at Runabout. I was aiming for Asics cause C could get a deal on them. Even though I felt some pressure on the outside of my foot... I thought once I wore them they'd stretch a little and be fine. WRONG!! They aren't comfortable at all!! Plus the shin splints seemed to be worse.. not sure if that is due to the shoes or just coincidence?? Then I thought well so I can't wear them to run but I'll just have a new pair of shoes to wear around for whatever. I don't even think they are comfortable enough for that. I'm guessing I'll end up giving Ebay a whirl.
So at this point shopping for running shoes didn't excite me cause I'm so worried about buying another pair that will end up being uncomfortable. The issue is still that I need new running shoes though.. so I braved another trip to Runabout.
I had done some research online at different Saucony, Asics, Adidas, and Brooks that were stability shoes I wanted to try on. So again I started trying on shoe after shoe after shoe. I'm happy to say I found a pair I liked!! Brooks Adrenaline gts 5. They still need to pass the treadmill test so I can see how they feel after a couple miles. I'm very excited to try them out! Hopefully this ends the search for new running shoes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment