JK! I saw this on a shirt this weekend and it gave me a good laugh. The woman was wearing a 'curves' shirt and the back said SUPERSTAR... It's Official, I'm Amazing. Mom.. if you join curves, you're not allowed to buy this shirt :) We already know you're amazing anyways :)
It is official, the Thunder Monkeys are no longer undefeated. My boys (I didn't really contribute much) played a hard faught game thursday. We were missing a couple key players, well players in general. The first half we had one guy sub, second half the guys had no subs. One of our players 12 year old daughter played with us which gave us a much needed girl sub :) Of course I never seem to have much hope in my team, but they continue to prove me wrong. The game quickly became 5-2 them.. and I was thinking this will be fun.. NOT! We rallied and went on a 6-1 run taking the half 8-6. Games are to 15, win by 2, hard cap at 17. They started off strong in the second half tying it up at 10's. The rest of the game was really close, they'd score we'd score. By the time it was 16's the sun was almost down and seeing the disc was a challenge. They made 17 first :( It was a great game. Our two teams have become summer rivals so the games between us are a bit intense, with attitudes a little stronger and tempers get heated :) Of course I really want to win against M and R!! I'm looking forward to a rematch in the tournament :) (sidenote: M and I were recruited to play for Roanoke in an Ultimate tourney this weekend in Blacksburg :) Really they just needed girls... but I'll pretend they recruited us because of our steller skills.. and of course 'because we're fun')
On the RnR training front... M and I ran 6 miles saturday morning. M's first ever 6 mile run. She didn't even complain or beg me to let her walk a little :) Another M first :) haha I guess I need to rework my training plan and pick it back up now that the knee is better. That's the plan today.. though being lazy has been kinda nice! Back to waking up at 5:30 every morning!
M and I had a great weekend in Fairfax.. but this is already too long... so I'll just tell the funniest story. A friend of friend came to the soccer game with us. We'll call him MA. Keep in mind we hadn't met Ma til sat night. We went to the soccer game, then went out in Clarendon, caping the night with some yummy diner grub. Well we head back to the car around 3am in a drizzling rain. We get to the parking garage and the door is closed.. hmmm the sign says OPEN 5:30AM -2:30AM. OOooops :\ Well at least we hope the car is in there still :) Plan B. MA will take us back to his place for the night an we can get the car in the AM. So we catch a cab to MA's car and head to his 'cottage'. He lives in a cottage that's behind another house. Well on the drive over he starts giving us all these warnings. "just so you guys know... it's kinda a long walk to the cottage... and it's really dark" "and when we get there, wait for me to find my stick, there's tons of spider webs so I'll go first and knock them down" "and we're going to cross over a bridge.. in this rain the creek will prob be a river" "I just don't want you guys to freak out" Very interesting way of not freaking us out! Don't forget it's now like 3:30AM and raining harder. Sure enough.. we take this long walk through someone's backyard.. in the dark.. over bridge.. through a jungle.. to this little cottage. Talk about a horror movie. M and I got to sleep in the world's most comfortable bed ever :) (alone! for those of you wondering) So when we're leaving the next morning Monica takes off down the path right into a cobweb :) haha. In the daylight things aren't so scary.. til I see a stump behind the main house with an AX sticking out of it. me - "So that's how you were going to kill us" MA - "yeah, but you guys had already had such a rough night I decided to spare you" I don't think I can make up a crazier story :) It was a fun night! Maybe I'll tell some more stories later :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment