...since I last blogged. Guess it was only 6 days though.
Since so many of my friends are now blogging, I feel like everything has been said by the time I get around to posting, makes me unmotivated.
The 'Welcome to the Jungle' party was a huge success. M and I enjoyed having many of our close friends over. The JJ was yummy, next time I think we will come up with a smaller recipe though :) We'll also make sure there is more food! When is that next time going to be you ask?? Who knows. We like spur of the minute planning :) So... it seems every time we have a bunch of people over... when they all leave... I notice the ducks have been rearranged in the bathroom. Crazy how that happens. This time they were coupled up and smootching :) haha
Saturday was an amazing game. The Hokies of old showed up to beat WVU. Spent the whole game talking trash/flirting with the cute WV boy who was standing beside me. Of course my fav play was the blocked kick Fuller ran back for the touchdown, not just because it was a great play, but because it took me back to my undergrad days :) Now I'd just like to see our offense remember how to score 7 points.
Sunday I drove A to the airport, so sad. Life is always more exciting when she is around. The house is quieter now, and safe again for the male species. :)
Just got back last night from Atlantic City. We had a conference up there for work and I helped lead a couple workshops. Played in a golf tournament on tuesday. Captain's Choice, my fav way to play golf. We used a couple of my shots. On hole 13 they even used to of my shots... lucky number 13 :) I whiffed a shot on 14 and it kinda surprised me.. that was my first wiff all day!! Maybe I am getting better. I did lose 4 balls to water, they were all nice shots just not straight enough. Wednesday night we hit up Dock's Oyster House, I knew we didn't belong as soon as I walked in and saw that it was a 'white table cloth' joint :) Amazing enough we behaved and were not kicked out :) Opened in 1897 by Harry "Call Me Dock" Dougherty, the place is a true Atlantic City Landmark. The same family still runs the place today, 4th generation. I had restart corn crab chowder and a aki (??) tuna dish... mmm mmm good :) Then we hit up a couple casinos.... flip flop is my favorite nickel slot, it has a bonus touch screen game :) Figures!! We ended up back at Tun, the tavern connected to our hotel. The original location was in Philadelphia and is where the Marines were founded. It's a cool place, with good beer. Not that I'm a good judge, but the beer drinkers say so. Now the voodoo juice, I can vouch for that. I really missed not having my sidekick out, but managed by myself to make up for ocean city. (for those of you who have been subscribers for a while. you'll get that) Managed to meet some guys that were actually capable of having a decent conversation. It was fun. R - thanks for being M's replacement :) I did not know they had bars that never closed in AC, now I know :) I think I set a new record thursday.. 2 hard rocks in one day!!
Tonight's I get to see Toby Keith in Roanoke. Should be fun :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment