After celebrating a friends birthday last night I arrive home around 9:30 and get to work making a homemade Chocolate Chip Pound Cake (c/o Paula) for another friend to take to work today. Everything's going great, bundt pan greased/floured, the mix is coming together quickly (I might have time to pack tonight afterall), things are rollin. Well then I open the cabinet (above where I'm mixing) to grab the oil. Crash.. I knock a ceramic pepper shaker (the frog one from my childhood!) to the counter. It hit's the edge of the mixing bowl and shatters. Now I have course ground pepper and broken shards of glass in the cake mix and all over the counter. I cuss, realizing later my roommates' 4 year old nephew is probably sitting in the living room (doh), luckily he was in bed. I stare at the problem for a couple minutes hoping some bright idea of how to fix the situation will come to me. Then my roommate reminds me there is no way to salvage this with possibly feeding someone glass. Crapola!! (My great roommate helps me clean up the mess!!) Now it's after 10, and I'm not happy! I decide I'm not packing tonight, I'll skip the gym in the morning and pack then. And I guess C's not getting a birthday cake. M saves the day with a boxed cake mix she had on hand. Not as good as homemade but it'll do. So I made the cake in the bundt pan (it was already greased!) and all was well. Kinda.
This is why I do not try to do things after 9pm. I go to bed and get up and do them at 5am.. when I am much more awake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment