Snowboard Trip #3

So far the best trip of the year!!! I could probably blog 4 pages about it.... so I'll try to just highlight parts ;)

Elk River - This was the first time I've stayed at a non-Snowshoe-owned place. The people who run Elk River were so helpful during the planning, and just as great this weekend. They have a main lodge with a bar, very nice restaurant, and little store along with a couple cabins on the property. We had a Hot Tub right out our back door and a hot breakfast awaiting us both mornings at the main lodge 50 feet away. Very convienent!! I highly recommend!

Boarders! - This is the first trip I've been on with other boarders, not just skiers. This confuses some people, yes everyone goes down the same mountains. It's just great to tear down the slopes with other boarders :) It was exciting to see three friends try snowboarding for the first time and start to 'get it'. And to see their excitement going down the mountain!!

Lesson - I took an advanced lesson so I could get technique pointers. It really helped me notice some little things I wasn't doing. Like 'bending my knees' more. Making sure my body was perpendicular to the mountain. (leaning down the mtn) Using my knees, hips, and shoulders to turn instead of pullings my back leg. As a result I have a lot more control and am way more comfortable with higher speeds!

Terrain Park - I'm still determined to be landing jumps by the end of the year. M&N finally convinced me to just go off the big jumps! It wasn't til late the last day that we hit the terrain park so by the time I realized it wasn't so scary I only got to try a couple times. I still can't land em.. but it's so fun!! I'd been trying to go off the sides of the jumps (much smaller) and gotten some air and landed most of them. MOST. I did take one nice spill that surprising didn't hurt too bad or jar me like some have in the past. Well didn't seem to, til I woke the next morning and could feel the whiplash. That's twice this season :) Oh well, the pain it totally worth it!!! Hopefully next trip I'll get some pics of my jump attempts! :)

Hot Tub - Back to the hot tub :) It's so nice to treat your muscles after a long day on the slopes! So friday night I was convinced to jump out, roll in the snow (more like ice), and jump back in. It was fun, but would be better in fresh snow! (I knew M would aprrove, even though it wasn't rolling down a hill)

The Pain - What surprises me most is that everytime I get back from a trip something is pretty darn sore. I always feel sore all over but it'll be riduculous somewhere... Trip 1 - My right oblique Trip 2 - My back Trip 3 - My neck. You'd think with the same sport the same thing would hurt!

Friends - We had 16 people on the trip which was awesome. It was fun to meet new people, catch up with folks I don't see often, and hang out with the regulars. It's great to have lots of friends who share the same passion you do and get to share the amazing views, awesomeness of snow covered mountains, and adrenline rush flying down a mountain gives you!

I can't wait til the President's Weekend Trip!!!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.