Fifth and most likely final trip. You know what they say, Save the best for last!
With a group of 22 somewhat random folks most of whom only knew a couple people prior you never know how things will turn out. Of course my friends ROCK and the trip was great. Everyone meshed well, some very well ;)
M and I didn't get quite the early start we wanted because dummy me forgot to pick up my board from the shop thurs night. Opps. Oh well. I ended up teaching M how to board when we made it up there friday. You never know how teaching someone will go. We worked well together, she was patient and listened, and I think I did a decent job teaching the basics. C took over on run two and gave his spin on teaching. M improved each time down the mtn. I didn't get a whole lot of riding in fri due to teaching, the bitter cold, and wanting to eat dinner and shower in time to go out! About 10 of us went out friday night. We hit up the Junction and Connections. I was surprised at how dead it was! I figured it would be packed on a holiday weekend. M and I had some entertaining conversation with some guys from FL. The evening ended with some NHTing.
Sat some folks hit the mtn while others of us stayed home relaxing. It was nice to have a free day. I went tubing for the first time with J&C, J, and C. This was after C had takin a hard fall on his first day of snowboarding. He was a trooper though. Tubing was more fun and not as scary as I thought it would be. Crowded though! We ended up walking up the hill most of the time instead of riding the tow rope up. TIRING! Then I headed down and worked on making dinner for everyone. We had seen a sign for Kareoke so decided to go out again sat night. Almost everyone went. D is a Kareoke DJ in NC and sings for us often, so everyone wanted to hear him Kareoke. The bar was dead, but had pool, darts, and megatouch so it passed my test! A bunch of us got up there and sang (including me believe it or not, I was with my girls singing man hater songs though :)). D won over everyone ;)
Sun I spent all day on the mtn. Lots of time on Western Territory. The conditions were great!!! Even did lower shay's. The snow was so soft I'd a liked to just roll down it :) The funest part of the day was probably the last 2 hours I spent at Silver Creek with A and T tearing down the blues over there. Had another graceful attempt on a jump in the terrain park :/ I was so wiped out I basically ate and hit the hay.
Mon lots of folks left in the morning. Even though it was warm and drizzly us die hards headed up the mountain again. No lines! I spent less then 4 hours on the slopes but made run after run after run due to the lack of lift lines. Yeah the snow was starting to get a little slushy, and there were a couple bare spots starting, it was great though! Even the couple runs when it was definitely raining!
Remember C's hard fall. Turns out he has a feather (?) fracture in his wrist. No cast, just a brace. He'll be just fine and loved boarding even with the fracture. Let me point out this happened on Sat when I was no where near the mountain. And J was his instructor. M was my project and she's still in one piece, sore and bruised, but all one piece!
It was great spending time with everyone and getting to hang out with folks I don't get to see often. Maybe next year we should plan a big trip out west!! Can't wait for the next adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment