I finally spent a weekend in the burg, and it was wonderful to catch up on life :) Mom came into town thursday for the weekend :) She hands me this bag from her friend B. I'm like why is B sending me something? Well I pull out her Pollish Pound Cake recipe and figure she's also sent me a sampling...mmmm yum and how sweeet of her :) To my surprise nestled in the tissue paper is ceramic frog salt and pepper shakers!!! If you read regularly you'll remember a post from two months ago when I broke my pepper shaker that was part of a dish set my family used when I was young. B is also an avid frog collector and had the same dish set way pack when. I'm so darn sentimental and I love having stuff in my kitchen/house that reminds me of home. The thought never crossed my mind I'd be able to find a replacement since the dishes are sooo old, I was very excited! Now I just need to be more careful with them!
We looked at all the houses in my $$ range on friday. Nothing great. Some were really nice and way to small, others had plenty of space... but also needed lots of work. I'm confident as more houses come on the market I'll be able to find something that will work great! Just have to be patient, and ready to pounce when I find it. It shocks me that some of these houses sell in hours! Kinda scary! Thanks for all the good wishes, support, comments, suggestions from ya'll! N I'm coming over to see the spreadsheet in action soon.
The rest of the weekend was relaxing. Marked some stuff off the list and still had time to chill. Looking forward to more of the same this weekend, then I hit the road again :) I sound like I'm going on tour or something, sometimes it feels like that!
Caught SIDEWAYS at the lyric last night. I liked it. Good story, made me laugh out loud several times, which is rare for a movie. Mighta helped I was in a great mood cause I was hanging out with friends! Spent time catchin up at the Cellar afterwards. Every night should be like that, relaxing, hanging out with good friends, laughing :) For those interested we are planning to see Million Dollar Baby next monday night at 7.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment