A quick recap of the weekend. 8 of us went camping on the AT saturday night. So much fun!! Lots of firsts for me. First time hiking in with packs to camp, First time filtering creek water to drink, First time at Kelly's Knob, First time to watch fireworks from 20 miles away and above them, First time to see a shooting star, First time to have Venison cooked in a campfire - mmmm. Great friends, good times! I was all inspired to become super AT hiker chic, but in reality I think I'll just set my sites on a 3/4 day trip for now :)
Ok so back to the title. JUNE. It's gonna be a pretty big month for me. In a couple days I'll be enterting my 'late twenties'. R claims it'll be the best years of our lives. Well, mine are going to start off with a bang. 2 weeks from today I close on my first house. The excitement is building daily! It's still a little surreal to me. So pretty much the my life will revolve around the house: finalizing closing details, packing, picking colors, closing, changing my address in a kabillion places, striping wallpaper, painting, moving... as I'm told, life will never be the same. I can't wait for everyone to come over and hang out!
Oh yeah... and that little race I'm training for. So working out from 1hr - 3hrs a day :) Little problem this weekend.. broke my bike. Dumb story... good news is the bike will be better then before and hopefully I'll have it back in the end of next week.
The New River Network (revamped Nucleus) - the NRV's young professional group gets kick started with Happy Hour on June 9th. Of course I'm on a committee. More info on that soon. I'm excited someone's taken the initiative to get the group going again. Blacksburg is in a need of a way to bring the young professionals in this town together.
June 9th is also the start of summer Ultimate!! Woohoo. We've been waiting for this since last season ended! You should Sign Up!
It's going to be a great summer!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment