I've been slacking... I'll try to play catch up today.
The move... most of you read M's blog and found out things weren't seamless. Since I hadn't gotten a confirmation call the day before and had made the appt at least a month in advance... I was breathing easier when they pulled up! Of course I wasn't completely packed yet, even though I'd already been up 3 hours that morning :) All that was left was junk in my room... and I figured I had time while they moved all the 'big stuff'. Unfortunately even after a site-seen estimate, they underestimated the amount of our possessions. Keep in mind we had already moved most of our closets/handing clothes ourselves - easier then packing them. They said we'd have 40-60 boxes, it was over 100. So not only was the truck too small, they lost tons of effeciency when they'd be trying to figure out how to fit as much as possible in the truck. Granted they worked hard and what got moved was moved well, I was very disappointed they didn't finish the job and the estimate was wrong by half!! 5 or so trips later with the minivan and we had 99% of our stuff moved! Still.. it was way worth it to hire movers!!! I'd do it again in a heartbeat.. maybe even packers and cleaners too!! Ok I'm not that lazy.. yet :)
It was very exciting to see the house become a home once all our furniture was in place! Or course I feel like it'll be forever until everything's in place. I know, I know... that's how houses are... always something to do. I'll be excited once I get the lower level painted and I couple of my building projects done :) I think I need to buy some power tools!! You can call me Amy Wynn :)
It was a long weekend cleaning the old place and settling into the new. I don't think my roommates loved my plan of having a bar b q so soon.... we got it all done though and it was a blast having all our friends stop by monday afternoon. The big hit was FRICKET (aka CUPS). The basics... at opposite ends of the 'field' there are goals made by two 6' poles, each pole has a plastic cup on it. The goals are a frisbee + fist distance wide. It's best with teams of 2 one member on each side of the field. You try to throw the frisbee thru the goal without touching either stick. That's 2 points. If you hit the stick and knock the cup off and the cup hits the ground you get one point. If the other team catches the cup they get the point. Switch sides at 8, first team to 15 wins. Quite competitive and fun to play and watch. A couple games of crouquet were played also. Those still around at 8:30 walked down to the high school to watch the town fireworks. A great fourth spent with family and friends!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment