Yep, that's what I'm going to be tonight! After being on the sub list for over 3 years I finally got 'the call'!
My boss' wife is in a bunko group. 12 ladies. Second monday of every month they take turns hosting bunko night. From what I've heard... each night has a theme, they go all out sometimes even dressing in costume (ex. Derby Night), a fun girls night with lots of laughing :) They need 12 people to play, so if someone can't make it they call in subs. At the end of the year they have a big christmas party and anyone who's been during the year is invited. So the key is to get called as a sub so you get invited to the Christmas party :) Of course the girls don't like to miss a night, and the host is in charge of filling spots, so you can see it's hard to get 'in'. A couple months ago I thought I was in but the host had a relative in town who stayed through monday night so it was a false alarm :(
No false alarm tonight :) I'm pretty excited. And curious since I've heard so much about the group. Usually just my boss's take on everything :) He claims the 'bunko' ladies aren't like the 'book club' ladies :) haha. Whatever that means. I'll find out tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment