Last week I renewed my cell phone plan and picked up a new phone. I LOVED my old phone, so it was kinda hard to say bye to it. The battery and signal were starting to become and an issue and I knew I should take advantage of the verizon offers for renewing my plan, plus as much as all the features phones have now annoy me - I was kinda excited about getting a camera phone and one with an external display. Why I stress so much about new phones I'll never know, maybe I'm overwhelmed with all my choices, or the fact I'll be stuck with this phone for 2 years!, I make way to big a deal about picking the 'wrong' phone. It was ridiculous how I acted two years ago during this process, I flipped out way too much!!
I'm happy to say I'm acting a little more mature this time around :) haha. So I ended up going with a Samsung SCH-a670. Took a chance going with an all digital phone, so far haven't had any signal problems. I love the size of it. Very disappointed with the wallpaper selections and ringtones. I guess since the cool thing now is to download this stuff they don't bother giving you decent options. (The site with the good Gary ringtones doesn't work with zerizon!! :() Other then the fact there are WAY to many options I've been pretty happy with it. Realizing I just need to get used to all those options.
I did find one big flaw that's been driving me insane all week! I was all excited to have an external display, but I couldn't figure out how to activate the backlight without opening the phone. Ok what's the point of having the external display if I can't see what time it is without opening the phone anyways!! Most phones you hit any of the side buttons and they light up. I flipped through the manual, went back to the Verizon store to ask them (bad idea... they are idiots!), looked online, emailed Samsung technical support. I was pretty much ready to track down the designer and call him/her an idiot, and contimplating trading in the phone :) The email back from Samsung said 'This would be something that you should call in for assistance to troubleshoot.', so I gave them a call. (Was impressed not to be put on hold for hours.) Tech Support - hit both buttons at once. Me - nope. Tech Support - hold them down. Me - That turns on the camera. Tech Support - hold on. Me - (light bulb goes off) I hold down just the volume button. SWEET! :) I'm happy. It works. When tech support came back I told her I'd figured it out. (And why could this not be said over email??)
So now I'm excited again about my new phone. Just need to learn all the features :) Moral of the story - the brown hair doesn't make me any smarter :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment