Los Angeles

LA is great! Hanging out with Heather is awesome! The weather is amazing! Relaxing is underrated :) Got to town sat. Hit up COWBOY COUNTRY in Long Beach sat night. Ya'll know I'm a country bar snob, this one passed my test!! Great crowd, good dances, and a great live band! Merchants of Moonshine, maybe they'll make it to nashville one day. The bass player had a on great shirt which provided plenty of entertainment for the evening :) Wish I had a camera to capture it. Heather had rounded up a great group, most dancing virgins but they all got out there and danced! They had to drag me out of the bar, at 4am my time!

Sunday got to go on a tour of LA from the sky. J's roommate another Hokie out here has his pilots license. We took up a 4 seater cesna something or other. Sorry I don't remember the details. We left from March Airfield.... flew out to the coast... touched down at Hawthorne then headed back to March. The best part was when we were kinda at the wrong altitude in a restricted air space and had an accidental fly by. The jet wasn't that close.. but it was zooming and close enough! Kinda felt like Top Gun :)

Sunday night we caught the Kairos service. It's crazy to be 3000 miles from home at church and know 25 of the folks there. Actually it's crazy to be out here and run into lots of people I know. Fun though :) During the day I pretty much chill. Try to get some work done. Take a nap. Hit the gym. Go for a run. Enjoy the rooftop hottub. Today I ran down to the beach in Santa Monica to have lunch with Heathers roommate. Prob about 9 miles total.

Heather shares my love for quality movies, she's been stocking up so I set aside a stack to watch this week. So far I've seen Love Don't Cost A Thing (ghetto version of the 80's Can't Buy Me Love - seriously some dialgue was word for word), Uptown Girls (surprisingly decent story), Win A Date With Tad Hamilton, and Honey (fun dance movie). Still to watch 10 Things I Hate About You, Two Weeks Notice, Maid in Manhatten, Whatever it Takes, and Dirty Dancing Havana Nights. We also went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory yesterday. I liked it, some good lines, a little freaky and out there for me.. loved the free refills on popcorn!!

This sign is in there elevator. It makes me laugh everytime I see it. So you're telling me appartments that start with 3 are on the 3rd floor. What a concept. Here's Your Sign :) That pic above is the rose bowl :)

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.