It's official, application is in the mail, I'm really am doing this! Yes I may be slightly crazy, but I'm really looking forward to competing in my first triathlon in just over 5 weeks. 40M biking, 12M canoeing, and 13.1M running.
Maybe I shouldn't say competeing, participating is a better word. I'm not going to be passing anyone, or winning any awards, but as long as I cross the finish line I'll be happy!
I can't say my training has been stellar, but it's been pretty steady. My runs are only 5 and 6 miles, but they are happening. Hopefully I'll get in some 8-10 mile runs in the next 5 weeks! Biking has been really fun, but it's hard to find the time to get in long rides, hopefully the hills around here are making up for what I'm lacking in distance. I've gotten in some 30M rides, but hope to complete a 50 or 60M ride before race day. I'm crossing my fingers my lifting routine which includes a ton of rows, back, and shoulder work will pay off during the canoe portion!
And the best part is I'll be sharing this adventure with a couple friends. We might not see each other during the race, but I'll know they are out there racing just as hard, and that'll keep me motivated! I can't wait til race day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment