Bet this never happened to you!

Let's start this story Friday night. M and I talked to a couple guys at Rivermill (guy 1 and guy 2 for the sake of the story). I talked to guy 1 for quite a while, cute - really nice - fun, so when he asked for my number I gave it to him. Texted him and talked to him on Monday night, planned dinner for Thurs. Texted and email him on Thurs for further details.

A answered the door last night.. I came downstairs.. and much to my surprise it was guy 2... I totally called him out on it. "You're guy 2, not guy 1 - are you playing a trick on me?". He totally denied it. I was still totally confused and said "Do you guys look that much alike?" (I didn't remember them looking anything alike!) His answer.. "I guess so". A gave me this look like "J, what are you saying!" So then I felt started feeling bad and maybe I really didn't remember him.. but I saw nothing of guy 1 in this guy. So whatever... now on top of what were nerves.. I felt really bad.

So I went along to dinner and bowling... pretending everything was ok. The whole time trying to see any of the guy I remember in this guy. It's not like they were twins and could possibly pull off a trade! They look nothing alike, diff height, diff hair color, diff features, diff accents, diff personalities. So the more the night went on, the more I was convinced I was out on date with guy 2 pretending to by guy 1. Did they think I wouldn't realize it??? So basically guy 2 just sat there and lied to me all night long!!

He drops me off... I go straight to A's room and say "I don't care if I was rude - that was not guy 1, it was guy 2!" M was the only other person who'd hung out with them on Friday night so I called her to verify what I remembered. She backed me up! So we sat around calling them jerks and trying to figure out what the hell happened... did they tell us the opposite names Friday night? Was guy 2 the one that wanted to go out with me? Are they just obnoxious jerks? Who did I communicate with earlier in the week?

Then my phone rings... Guy 1 (or 2 - who knows at this point). I answer it skeptically. Toally has the accent, this is guy 1, he invites me to the Rivermill. I'm so confused and ask "So what have you been up to all night". Answer "I was on campus til 8:30". Bingo! I was right. WHAT THE CRAP! So not only was it not him I was out with, he's not eveing pretending it was. And why is he now inviting me to hang out with him and guy 2 who's there with him? So I tell him I just went out to dinner with guy 2, what's up with that. At first he acted surprised... then he was like "Well was it fun?" (which is my clue to the fact he was in out it, if he wasn't he should have been pissed) I answered "Besides the fact I was lied to all night?!" Then he was all apologetic and I'm sorry, and I'm confused to, I don't know what's going on, No I haven't talked to you all week he musta used my phone. "And your email?" I ask. He said I still want to hang out with you. Whatever! My next question was "So why didn't you call me earlier in the week if you wanted to hang out with me?" He tried to blame it on being busy and school. Yeah I just told him goodnight and hung up!

Who knows their plan or why... but it's wierd!!! I'm just glad I called him out from the very beginning!! Not sure what they thought they were pulling off, but it didn't work. My only regret, I didn't kick his butt in bowling and air hockey!

How ironic
A - Someone asked me what my biggest pet peeve was last week and my answer was deception and lying :)
B - I was mentioned yesterday in a Roanoke Times article saying:
There are a lot of people with profiles that are fake, says Jilian Fath, who has been meeting people online since high school. One person she went out with described himself as moral — then she found out he was enabling his best friend to cheat on his wife.
The biggest turn-offs are guys who lie and put up phony pictures. You find out by e-mailing them for a while. Plus, you can always check their facts — like where they went to school or where they work. That's the power of the Internet.


I guess this is another crazy/funny story to add my book of life. And you wonder why I'm not very fond of dating!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.