Training and Turkeys

I finally sat down and laid out guidelines for my training schedule. Just over 8 weeks until the PF Chang's Rock 'n' Roll AZ! I've been running some, so I'm not totally behind. I've gotten less strict with my training plans the more races I've done. Right now I've set the distance for my long runs and then penciled in the mileage for additional runs each week. Still hoping to keep lifting 2-3 days, maybe fit in some cardio, pick up the pace on the shorter runs, and add some interval training to hopefully improve my time.

Some days the runs are miserable... other days I feel like the bionic woman. On 5 hrs of sleep, at 6am today... I felt invinsible. My normal pace is a 10 min mile. On the treadmill it helps me pass time to change the speed every minute or so.. bump it up, slow down, add grade. After running the first mile in 10mins I started bumping it up... ran for over 13 min at a 9 min pace. It felt great!!! So I finished 3.2 miles in 30min. What makes a difference on the good days?? Usually I'm in the dark.. but today I have an answer....

It was the turkey!! I'm not a huge fan of turkey, I'll always choose ham over it. Well that is unless Curt's frying up a Cajun Spice injected Turkey :) We had a full thanksgiving dinner last night at our place with our bible study group. Curt's been in trouble since last Thanksgiving for not providing a deep fried bird... he made up for it last night though. So amazing... juicy, tastety, melt in your mouth turkey!! I skipped the homemade pumpkin pie for a couple more bites of turkey. Mmmm... thanksgiving will never be the same!! (I did have a slice of pie for breakfast though!) The Feast, a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, and Pictionary made for a great evening with friends!!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.