A fun relaxing productive weekend :)

Friday:
My GL from Theta came down to visit for the weekend. I hadn't seen since her wedding over a year ago... so it was way overdo and great to hang out. We took her cousin to Cabo for dinner, she's a freshman and had yet to eat anywhere but the dining halls!! I've now made it my mission to keep her updated on things she must see/do in the burg.. . especially since she may be transfering next year! Floyd.. her we come!

After dinner started a great girls night on the town. All BH residents and the Radford extension were present, plus K :) First stop was Boudreaux's to help our favorite South African celebrate defending his thesis, then onto to Rivermill for darts and car racing, finally we stopped by Sharkeys to see M and his posse. FYI - Monica wins for best 'wingman' ever :)

Saturday:
Slept in, made a big breakfast, cleaned some, went to the craft fair. A good balance of relaxing, working, and fun. Then K and I headed to Lynchburg for the concert. We stayed with my friend M. He took us to Neighbors for dinner. If you're even in Lynchburg and want a nice dinner that's the place to go. M even chauffeured us to the concert, I felt like a diva :) Joe was great. I think I like his sound better live then on his CD's. He has 3 albums out so I was surprised by how many covers he sang. He choose great songs... but I wish he'd played more original music. He hammed it up for the crowd and put on a fun show! I'm glad I finally had a chance to see him live. Then M picked us up and we headed to a restaurant bar. We were expecting hippies and grateful dead music, but it was R&B grind music. Not a typical dance club with hip hop and pop music, but slower R&B/Rap that really all you can do was grind to, and even M had never heard any of the songs. Oh yeah... and I think just about everyone in there was smoking. So we stood in an ashtray and people watched for a while. Finally I had to get out and breathe fresh air!!!

Sunday:
We had Cracker Barrell for breakfast before K headed one way and I headed back to the burg. I dug in my flower beds for about 3 hours. I think I've finally gotten cleared out all I'm going to get cleared out this year. Now I just have to finish planting bulbs before the ground freezes. I've really enjoyed the gardening.. just wish I had a lot more time to do it!!! M and I went to visit a friend of mine in Radford and give him decorating advice before heading to church.

We were sitting in church during communion listening to music... when all the sudden a sleeping bundle in a striped green terrycloth sleeper appears in my lap. Smelling so sweetly of baby!! It made my night and was a perfect ending to the weekend!! I don't think I'll ever get enough Malayna time!!




Sorry this wasn't really that entertaining :)

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.