As December arrives most folks are getting ready for the holidays... I get excited for a whole nother reason... the beginning of December means it's RODEO time!!
Most Hokies are wishing they had flights to Jacksonville this weekend, I wish I was flying to Vegas! Cowboys, Rodeo, Cowboy Christmas (big shopping thing), and all the country concerts (inlcuding GARY!) in a week you could dream of! One of these years I will make the trip!
I don't follow rodeo all year long, pretty much cause I have too much going on to follow any sports. But the NFR is exciting - and it's only a 10 day commitment :) A couple years ago I randomly caught a round on TV and have been addicted ever since. The top 15 competitors in each of the 7 rodeo events are invited to compete at the Thomas and Mack Center. The purses are higher in Vegas, every nights winnings go towards deciding who will win the Championship Belt Buckles! My favorite events are Tie-Down Roping and Steer Wrestling :)
TV coverage starts Friday night at midnight! You can keep up with what's happening at 10 Days in the Dirt.
I'm so excited... I'm sporting my wranglers and boots today :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment