Coach Fath

I guess that's me, but really it sounds like my dad :) Yep I volunteered to coach a kids basketball team this winter. I heard the Upwards League was short coaches through my boss and decided why not. I've always wanted to coach... just need to get over my fear of actually doing it!! So tonight is the first practice. I'll be teaching 8 3rd/4th grade boys some basketball skills - and according to the coaches guide I'll also be 'looking for ways to instill confidence, boost self-esteem, and share Christ with the players.' I am pretty excited.. but also nervous! I've talked J into being my assistant! We'll keep you updated on our team. GO HEAT!

In other basketball news, when I left the gym this morning, the 'sometimes annoying' disc jockey on my country station was going on and on about giving away a ridculous number of Roanoke Dazzle tickets friday night. Then he said something about having to be single. (Apparently their promotion tomorrow night is singles night, they have some reception before the game) They were giving away tickets to the next 10 tickets. Well shoot, I qualify.... so I called and I was one of the 10 callers. Now I wonder why I called, I mean the game might be fun, but my partner in crime is currently in Nebraska. It was fun to win something though ;) If anyone is interested in going let me know, otherwise I'm sticking to my original plan of being a bum :)

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.