Pace: 10:01
Place: 6684 (out of 18536)
Gender Place: 3038 (out of 11,678)
Div Place (F 25-29): 607 (out of 1883)
Splits: (My GPS wasn't synced up right at the beginning so I missed the first .1)
| Mile | Time | Heartrate |
| 1 | 10:38 | 155 |
| 2 | 9:45 | 173 |
| 3 | 10:00 | 176 |
| 4 | 10:14 | 177 |
| 5 | 9:46 | 180 |
| 6 | 10:03 | 177 |
| 7 | 10:21 | 181 |
| 8 | 10:17 | 178 |
| 9 | 10:10 | 173 |
| 10 | 10:31 | 167 |
| 11 | 9:34 | 174 |
| 12 | 9:02 | 172 |
| 13 | 9:09 | 172 |
I'm pretty darn happy. Followed my plan of starting slow and steady, then pushin it towards the end. Really helped I was able to run with a friend - kept me from stopping when I wanted to during those first few miles! I obviously still had some fuel left - though I could feel myself fading fast during the last .2 miles!! I was surprised to see my heartrate didn't sky rocket when I turned it on at the end :)
It helped the race was flat :) Great weather. The course was lined with fans. The bands were playing awesome music. Might be my favorite last mile into the finish line - kinda made me feel like I was on the lined streets of France during the tour. I highly recommend this race!
From this I go into race number two with hopes of every mile being sub 10. Even if they are all 9:59's I'll be happy! I suspect a good pace for me would be 9:45 though. Bring on the interval training!
Injury update - no shin splints during the race!! A relief. The whole butt/knee/foot thing did flare up :( My right root was totally numb miles 4-9. I'm thinking it's something with my piriformus muscle - not really sure what the catalyst is though. Since it's been bothering me for a year and has become a chronic ache I made myself an appt to have it checked out Fri. Let's cross our fingers 'rest' is not the prescription!
It's not too late to sign up for Nashville!! Hal's plan would have you start training in the next week or so :) We have a fun group already signed up! JUST DO IT!


0 comments:
Post a Comment