I wish I could remember more of the lyrics, they are appropriate. It's a song I hear all the time when I attend my mom's barbershop competitions....
Anyways - yep I'm still running. Managed to get in two runs at the beach. A 14 miler and a 5. I gave myself a real vacation day and skipped the 10! Tues R and J were kinda enough to slow down some and run the big 20 miler with me. It started out ok, but I was feeling exhausted around 6. It really hit me around 12. At 15 I didn't think I'd be able to take another step. Thanks to their smiles and encouragement I somehow made it to the end of the trail only walking up two hills. The total mileage was 19.25 - which I was quite ok with considering I really wanted to cry at some points!!! It's over now :) Some runs go well some don't. I'm still looking forward to San Diego and am positive it'll be a good experience!!!
According to my training plan I have 50 miles left to run before I leave for CA. Sounds like a lot but it won't be bad. 8/12/4/3/6/8/4/3/2 After this weekend it'll seem like a breeze - I hope!!! Ok off to the gym to get that first 8 out of the way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment