Workforce Development Committee

Being involved in Leadership NRV had educated me on the local Chamber of Commerce and peaked my interest in getting more involved with the town. When I received an invitation from a friend to join a new Chamber Committee it seemed the perfect fit.

Here's a blurb from the invite: "Basically the purpose of the committee is to explore what factors are needed in our community to retain and develop a talented and skilled workforce. We’ll be looking at what is lacking, what is here, what needs improvement, what types of programs could be implemented in what arenas, etc. to this end. As you know, VA Tech is pouring out bright young professionals every year and few of them have any intention to stay in the NRV. Why? Many professionals who do want to stay are frustrated at the comparably low local pay for their fields. Some of you may even be planning yourself to move on. Why? This is what we’re hoping to find out, so I’m asking for your input by seeing if you would be interested in joining the committee."

We had the first meeting this week. I'm excited to see what ideas we can brainstorm and implement to improve the 'appeal' of living and working in Montgomery County!

Let me know if you have any imput I can take to the committee meetings!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.