I know I am a carbon copy of my mom - and everyday I slowly become more and more like her. Sometimes it's great. Sometimes I'm not so happy with the transformation :) But tonight - I wish I could have had a little more of her in me - then I would have told the bagger guy at Kroger to "Stop f'ing throwing my peaches into the bag". Seriously. When I saw him to it my whole body cringed and I wanted to scream at him. "Do you know how much peaches cost? I like mine without bruises and soft spots!" Um it was 10pm, the store was empty, it's not like he was busy and in a rush. He wasn't 16 - more like 23 so he's old enough to know better. I'm still kinda mad at myself for not saying something.
Ah but that's just the beginning of my issues with the bagger guys. You go to Wal-Mart and they seriously put maybe three items in each plastic bag, then 'spin' to the next. I get so frustrated when I walk out with 10 bags of stuff that would certainly have fit easily into 3. Who in running their job training sessions. Obviously not someone who cares about company costs or the environment.
So now I have the (super cute) reusable bags. It's taken some training to make sure I actually have them on me when I shop, but I'm getting there :) Here we have the exact opposite problem than the one at Wal-Mart. I guess since the reusable bags are durable the bagger guys play a game of 'let's test the weight limit of the bag'. I have at least 9 bags with me usually - plenty of bags that the can pack them normally, so I can carry them, and not run out. But no - they insist on packing them as full as possible to see how few they can use. Which leaves me with bags I can barely lift - and I'm a pretty strong girl. Errrr. Again with the fruits & veggies thing - they'll back a bag full of produce making it extremely heavy and almost impossible to get home without harming the produce.
I'm done with keeping my mouth shut. From now on I'm going to be the annoying woman at the check out that tells the bagger guys how 'not' to pack my groceries. Hmmm. Maybe I should start teaching the training class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment