Weekend Tri

1. Saturday morning I conquered Happy Hollow. If you are a local cyclist you know there is nothing 'happy' about Happy Hollow! I made it from Harding to Mt Tabor without stopping - and then thought I was going to die. After a little break I managed to make it back home :) The asthma really gets in the way of climbs - but hopefully I can push myself this summer and beat that.

2. Saturday night I finished the Downtown Sundown 5k in 29 minutes! I usually run a nice 10 min cruise control pace. I haven't been training hardcore this Spring but I have been throwing in some sprints and intervals to help me on the soccer field. I guess they paid off! That's a 9:20 pace! Thanks to Robert for keeping me company just like old times!

3. Today I shot a 109 at Auburn Hills! I'm not sure I've ever kept my own for 'real score' for 18 holes. Usually I'm playing 'best ball' - that's way more fun for the novice golfer!! I will admit I probably took 2 or 3 'mulligan' tee shots - but as Todd says we follow the 'weekend golfer' rules. I did have an honest to goodness 'on in 2' - '2 putt' - Par 4 on the 8th! My highlight of the day. Oh yeah and I sunk a beautiful 35-40 foot downhill putt to end the round :) Two highlights! T says if I can start shooting in the 70's I can quit my job and play golf full time.... maybe someday :) I'm so glad we have great friends to join us on the course!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.